Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

I am Maya Silverberg. I am a sophomore. I currently attend Fort Lauderdale High School. I have been attending this school since freshman year. I have decided to work with Katelyn for the final task. This is for numerous reasons. These reasons are mainly related to the fact that we work well together and both have a hard working mindset. Katelyn is very good  at shooting the takes and setting up the camera. Whereas, I am stronger at the storyboarding and editing process. Thus, Katelyn and my strengths benefit each other well which leads us to a strong final project.
I have learned numerous critical lessons throughout this class. To initiate, I learned the importance of angels when shooting. This was learned through my very first project, filming a commercial. In addition, I have learned the effect lighting has on a shot. Previously, I was not aware that the lighting could change the mood. For example, I now know that dark lighting can make the audience feel frightened. On the other hand, lots of lighting can cause the audience to feel happy/bright. Personally, I believe the biggest lesson I learned is that actors really effect the product. To explain, in the commercial I made some of our classmates (actors) laughed which brought down the quality of our product. Thus, Katelyn and I acted in our own video for the music video and will do the same for the final task.
There are many different types of pitches. I learned about an elevator pitch, which is one sentence about 25 word summing up the beginning, middle, and end of your idea.
1. On the way to the party of her dreams, Rose faces a setback that makes her wish she never went out that night.
2. The plan is almost completed when Blake hitches a ride in Rose's car, yet her dreams are crushed through his actions.
3. A party turns bad with a simple text which leads to the fifth killing in Pinksville, a city that has never faced crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment