Monday, November 25, 2019

Filming the Music Video at the Beach

Katelyn and I filmed our music video this past weekend. We completed filming all of our shots and I do not believe we will have to re-film. Also, while filming we made sure that we took numerous takes for each desired shot. This meant Katelyn and I spent about an entire day filming plus setting up for it. A majority of our shots required the putting together of props to create the perfect setting. For example, towards the end of the music video, there is a shot of Katelyn baking cookies. In this scene, we needed to make the cookie dough, spread flour on the countertop, and shape the dough. I enjoyed working with Katelyn while setting up for the shots. This is because we got to bond while planning the perfect angles and overall shots for the music video. I am very pleased with how well Katelyn and I work together. We were able to use what we learned from the commercial, so I hope to continue to learn with each other and improve our filming projects. To explain, this time when filming Katelyn and I made sure to start recording a bit before and after our desired part. This is because when editing for our commercial if our takes were longer it would have been easier. Therefore, this time around we will have an easier time when it comes to editing for our music video.
Part of our music video will take place during sunrise. Thus, Katelyn and I had to wake up at 5:30am to get to the beach in time to set up the camera. This was a little bit of a struggle as I was extremely tired, but Katelyn handled the little sleep well. Now looking back at our takes, I feel it was worth waking up early and being tired as the sunrise adds to the setting. Additionally, there was a scene that included my dog. I was a little concerned if my dog would cooperate with the filming. To my surprise, with the motivation of a few treats, we were able to get some very successful takes. These few scenes are great examples of how smooth and successful the filming process went for Katelyn and me.
When filming we used the camera provided by the school along with a tripod. The tripod was useful as I have shaky hands and would not have been able to film Katelyn with a steady shot. Also, Katelyn and I were able to both participate in certain shots with the use of the tripod. Today in class, we moved all our takes from the SD card onto a flash drive. This is when I found out that we had around 90 takes which seems like a substantial amount. To sum up, I am excited to start editing because I feel there are going to be many takes to choose from. My favorite part of filming was definitely the cookie scene as I was able to express my creativity through the decorations on the cookies. Personally, the hardest part was waking up early for the sunrise, but I was able to overcome that quite quickly. Based on this filming I would choose to work with Katelyn on another filming project in the future. I cannot wait to learn how to improve my filming skills in class when looking back at our takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment