Thursday, November 14, 2019

Intro to Music Video

For the music video, I will not be working with Katelyn, unlike in the commercial when I worked with Katelyn and Freya. This time around, Katelyn and I are not working with Freya as we feel she did not contribute to the previous commercial. From the commercial, I felt the storyboarding process was completed well and helped me throughout the whole process. This is because when filming my group and I knew exactly what shots to film in order to waste no time. However, I need to improve on my editing as some valuable time was wasted trying to read my notes to understand how to do certain edits. I feel that I am naturally going to understand how to use Pinnacle Studios more as I continue to use it. Thus, I will improve this time around for the editing of the music video.


Katelyn and I chose "Santa Tell Me" by Ariana Grande. We chose this because Christmas is coming and we both love the feeling during this holiday. I really enjoy this time period because it brings a winter feel that I miss out on, here in Florida. Additionally, the song lends itself to tell an easy story about searching for a Christmas and wishing for a loved one to come back.

"Santa Tell Me" by Ariana Grande is in the genre of Christmas songs. The conventions of Christmas songs are meant to bring winter vibes and jolly feelings. This is accomplished through wide and close-up shots at eye level as well as high angle. The wide-angle shots allow the audience to see all the actors celebrating Christmas which brings joyfulness. Furthermore, the close-up shots allow the audience to focus on the emotions of the characters during this time period which includes thrill and pleasure. Numerous Christmas songs have a similar sound of jingle bells or jeering. This is because it correlates to happiness and Christmas. To add upon, common editing ranges from the addition of red or gold colors to winter aspects such as snowflakes.

1. Costumes are generally warm clothing that looks soft to touch. This is because Christmas takes place during winter, specifically at the end of December.
2. The lighting is dim, but not in a suspenseful war. Rather the dim lighting portrays a cozy winter feeling.
3. The actors must seem relatable and joyful because then the audience can connect. To explain, Christmas is already a happy holiday so the actors' job is to keep the mood light.
4. Makeup should be festive whether this is a red lip or gold eye shadow.
5. Props should be common to items used on Christmas. A few obvious props come to mind: a Christmas tree, stockings, and cookies with milk.
6. The setting would most likely be somewhat cold in the snow or in a cozy house. These relate to Christmas as it takes place during the winter and people try to stay warm in their homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment