Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Process

Today in class we were supposed to complete all the editing. However, my group and I were unable to do this because of technological difficulties. These difficulties included Pinnacle Studios closing multiple times while we worked on the edits. This was frustrating as we had to keep on waiting for the software to reopen. To add on, our computer even shut down a few minutes before class ended. The computer did not turn back on. Thus, I believe the computer probably ran out of battery. I hope that our edits saved as we worked hard and made process. Luckily, an extension was given to the entire class because of these technological difficulties. I believe that my group and I can complete the edits successfully next class if there are technological difficulties.
The edits we were supposed to do today in class were rather simple. Our plan was to add sound and titles to the commercial. The sound was going to be music, specifically "All I do is Win" by DJ Khaled. This would have added to our commercial because it paired well with the slogan we chose. Furthermore, Gatorade has many slogans to choose from. Katelyn and I both liked "Win from Within" because we could connect with it. This is because in track we understand the way to win is to believe in yourself and work hard. Katelyn and I were able to successfully add the music and titles to the commercial. But, we are unsure if these edits saved because of the technological difficulties. I am hopeful they did because it took us quite some time to line up the sound with the film.
On the positive side, there are some edits that definitely saved. Katelyn and I chose which takes we wanted to use in our film. We were able to work together to put these takes together and add transitions. This was quite simple for us as we used our notes from the editing lecture. I was surprised to see how well our takes flowed because I expected it to be more choppy. Additionally, once we put all our takes together the commercial was about 26 seconds long. This is the perfect length as our commercials are supposed to range from 25 seconds long to 30 seconds long. I am proud of how well Katelyn and I are able to work together while completing this commercial. This makes me excited to continue to edit our commercial next class. Hopefully, we are able to finish in time which I believe we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment