Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing Commercial


Today in class we had the option to edit or continue filming. Katelyn, Freya, and I decided that we have completed filming all our shots. Thus, we took the opportunity to begin the editing process. The first step was to move all our takes to a zip stick. This took a while as we had numerous takes for each of our ideal shots. Freya was able to do this while Katelyn and I focused on discussing future edits. However, once we completed this we learned that Pinnacle Studios was currently not working. This software was not on some of the computers, and on the computers it was on the software was not functioning correctly. Now that we could not edit we decided to watch back all our takes. I am upset we could not edit, but pleased it gave us an opportunity to watch what we filmed.

When watching back the clips I was happy with how well done they looked. This is obvious considering it was all our first time filming. Moreover, Katelyn, Freya, and I realized we ended up with more takes to choose from than any of us expected. Some of the other clips were blurry or had an excess of background distractions. Such background distractions include multiple people running through or balls coming through the take. Most of our takes include these distractions, but some take had it more than others. I believe when Pinnacle Studios starts to work Katelyn, Freya, and I will have a rather smooth process. This is because we have many takes to choose from and were listening in class when taught how to edit. Hence, I am pleased with my groups and what we have accomplished so far. I hope we can continue to work together smoothly throughout this editing process.

During the rest of the class time, Katelyn, Freya, and I discussed specific edits we plan to make. Some edits we all agreed upon were taking away the sound and trimming the takes. Taking the sound away would eliminate the sound of us talking while filming. This will allow the commercial to seem more professional. Trimming most of our takes will cause the commercial to flow better. This is because we shot a little but extra in the beginning and end of every shot. Additionally, once we finished discussing edits we all started to write our blogs. Katelyn, Freya, and I all did this individually on our own perspective of class and the editing process. I was pleased to finish this before the end of class as now I do not have homework. Overall, I am excited to hopefully start editing next class period.

No comments:

Post a Comment