Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming: My House

On Sunday Katelyn and I completed the first day of our filming. This filming took place at my house which is in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We decided to start filming the beginning of our movie. Over the past few projects Katelyn and I have realized it is easier to edit from beginning to end. Due to this fact, we shot takes of the girl getting ready for the party. Also, of the guy preparing for the kidnapping. Katelyn acted as the girl: she put on mascara, lipstick, and grabbed her car keys/purse. I acted as the guy: I put on sunglasses, a hoodie, and grabbed a knife. During this filming process we reached a slight problem. My nails were painted which made my hands appear to be a girls. Katelyn and I were ale to solve this quickly. At my house we had a friend over. His name is Dominic and he is in our grade. Thus, Katelyn and me asked him for a favor. This favor meant Dominic would grab the knife because his hands look like that of a boys. Dominic was an amazing friend as he was willing to do this for us. Overall, I believe Katelyn and I shot many well executed takes. Thus, when it comes time to edit we will have numerous ones to choose from. I prefer the editing stage over the filming stage. So, I am excited to finish filming and start editing!


No comments:

Post a Comment