Monday, April 13, 2020

Music Video

Katelyn and I all worked together and contributed to produce a music video to Santa Tell Me by Ariana Grande. We chose to not work with Freya as all of our schedules did not match. Katelyn and I both filmed as well as acted.
The music video  begins with an establishing shot made up of a pan at the beach during sunrise. Then it jumps to a tilt of me walking towards the ocean. This is followed by a red heart in the sand being washed away by an ocean's wave. Next the tilt shows me walking towards the ocean yet again. This dissolves into me walking away from the camera on a road. It jumps to a wide shot of me waking up in my bed and looking around. This shot dissolves into me in my bed with my dog. The next part of the film is focused on Katelyn as the actor and me filming. To continue, there is a wide shot at high angle of Katelyn shaking sprinkles onto cookie dough. The over the shoulder shot shows Katelyn placing the cookies into the oven. This shot dissolves out into Katelyn pulling the cookies out of the oven. Then, there is a pan at eye level showing that Katelyn is all alone eating the cookies. The final part is Katelyn throwing the Santa hat into the camera and removing the hat and re-putting it on her head.
Overall, our music video followed the conventions of the a holiday/christmas music video. This is because it consisted of the props (like candy canes) and costumes (santa hats both Katelyn and I wore). We edited our music video on Pinnacle Studios which was on the school computer. However, due to the corona virus we do not have access to these computers nor our music video. I was able to find a video of our music video on google drive. I want to note that this is the only video Katelyn and I have of our music video. I also want to point out that this is not the best representation of our music video.This is because our music video was not completed, we still had editing left to do in the version below. Under these circumstances, I hope that it is able to be seen the attention to detail we kept, the smooth transitions we used, and the variation in shots.



No comments:

Post a Comment