Sunday, October 6, 2019

Introductory



I, Maya Silverberg, am a sophomore at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am a book club official, take AICE classes, as well as run on the cross country and track team. Being in book club has opened my eyes to an unique type of novels. It also helped me to learn how to analyze literature pieces at a higher academic and creative level. This idea carries through into my classes at school. Furthermore, my classes, specifically AICE classes, have taught me to have a hard work ethic. While cross country and track allows me to be competitive. It also has allowed me to make many friends while participating in this extra curricular activity. 

My immediate family consists of my mom, my dad, and my 13 year old brother. He is in 8th grade and considering whether or not to come to Fort Lauderdale High next year. My brother and I are competitive, but we always want each other to succeed. We love to have friendly competitions in sport scrimmages such as basketball games. Also, I have a golden doodle whose name is Aussie. I love to take him on walks around my neighborhood and play fetch with him. My family is always their for me and they continue to help me mature.


When I am not at school, participating in extra curricular activities, nor at home I enjoy spending time with my friends. This time spent with my friends range from relaxing at the beach to dressing up for parties to traveling with them. For example, this summer I was able to volunteer with my best friend in Salamanca, Spain. This gave me the opportunity to experience a different culture and historical background. It also allowed me to meet new friends from around the world and learn about their unique traditions. Moreover, I learn new ideals and get unique experiences from the times I get to spend with my friends. I am fortunate enough to have friends who support me in life and all the activities I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment