Monday, March 2, 2020

Editing: Pinnacle Studios

In class today Katelyn and I edited. We used Pinnacle Studios which was on the computers the school offered. At first, it took a while for the videos to import. This was quite frustrating as Katelyn and I wanted to start editing as soon as possible. I focused on editing. Meanwhile, Katelyn looked for music for our video. Katelyn played her top choices to me. I listened and we both had the same favorite music. This song was uplifting and exciting which would work perfect with our part scene. Class was almost over at this point. Thus, Katelyn sent me the link to the song. This meant we could download it next class. I completed about 30 seconds of our video. To explain, I shortened clips and chose which ones to use. Also, I created the transitions between each take. The hardest part with the transitions were doing the dissolve so each clip lined up. This took quite a lot of time and effort. Katelyn helped me by checking the transitions with a fresh set of eyes. Overall, this class was quite useful. It left me hopeful for the next class and the upcoming editing.




No comments:

Post a Comment