Sunday, March 1, 2020

Editing: Plan

Katelyn and I are excited to edit. To be honest, my favorite part of creating a film is the editing part. First off, while editing you can be creative. Also, you get to see all your hard work come together. To explain, you have spent so much time planning out your project. I mean, between coming up with an idea. Then, completing your storyboard. Next, in my opinion the hardest part, filming. At last, you see all your shots and effort come together into a singe piece. I would say the most fulfilling part is when you can watch your whole video through. At this point is when you realize if your piece is successful. First off, is it pleasing to the eye? Is the film one cohesive piece? Is it continuous and flowing with a clear story line? In my opinion, all these are essential characteristics to a successful film. Thus, Katelyn and I save enough time to edit. However, before we even start editing, we must plan. Katelyn and I try to imagine how we desire our film to look like. Then, we focus on the details. For example, what transitions we want between shots, which shots to have titles, and the length of the shot. All of these steps help the editing process be easy and painless.

No comments:

Post a Comment